APRIL 22: EARTH DAY
OVER THE PAST YEAR, QUARANTINE LIFE HAS BECOME NORMAL LIFE. IT'S OBVIOUS HOW IMPORTANT MOTHER EARTH TRULY IS: BEING OUTSIDE, TRAVELING, SOCIALIZING WITH FRIENDS, ADVENTURING. THESE ARE ALL THINGS WE'VE MISSED. IT MIGHT SEEM DAUNTING HOW YOU COULD HELP SOMETHING SO LARGE AND BEAUTIFUL AS MOTHER EARTH. BUT HERE ARE 5 SIMPLE WAYS TO DO YOUR PART.
1. REUSE. RECYCLE. REPURPOSE. We've heard it before, I'll say it again. Try to use old items in new ways: empty candles? Melt all the wax and reuse as vases or make up brush holders.
2. SELL ON DEPOP OR POSHMARK. What pieces you may not love anymore, someone else may! Buying and selling on second-hand sites reduces carbon footprint and allows you to find new homes for pieces that might be taking up space in your closet!
3. REUSABLE WATER BOTTLES. Living in Las Vegas, the amount of water we drink is insane. Do yourself a favor and get one of the liter refillable water bottles and watch how many bottles you save- you'd be amazed.
4. GLASSWARE OVER SINGLE SERVE. Say goodbye to paper-plates, plastic cups, plastic ware and invest in items that will last a lifetime as long as you care for them.
5. CHOOSE ORGANIC + LOCAL. By choosing foods that are in season. Transporting foods from far away uses fossil fuels for fuel and for cooling to keep foods from spoiling. Choose food that you know where it comes from. Plus supporting local farmers is always an added benefit!
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DO, TO DO YOUR PART.